Tuesday, February 28, 2012

FTP Task in SSIS Package failed when the package is executed via job

I have an SSIS package which was supposed to FTP the files to a specific server as a last task of the package. When I executed the package on BIDS, it worked perfectly however when I run it via job it failed. Each time I get the following error message:
"
Executed as user: mercury/admin. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 10.50.1600.1 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved. Started: 10:27:13 PM Error: 2012-02-27 22:32:16.15 Code: 0xC001602A Source: Package1 Connection manager "FTP Connection Manager" Description: An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: 425 Can't open data connection. 421 Connection timed out. . End Error Error: 2012-02-27 22:32:16.17 Code: 0xC002918B Source: FTP Task FTP Task Description: Unable to send files using "FTP Connection Manager".
"
I searched and found that I had to run the job using a proxy account having the same credentials used to create the package. I created a proxy account and under the JOB step section I selected the proxy account to run job as:


However doing all this didn't solve my problem until I did the following:

Turned Off the firewall on my machine and Boooomm the job perfectly executed the package including the FTP task.

0 comments:

Post a Comment